Customer - A "Customer" is anyone who purchases StrongTel products or services. When a Customer purchases retail products or services for use by others, those individuals also may be considered Customers for purposes of this Policy.
User - A "User" is anyone who visits our websites.
Personal Information - "Personal Information" is information that directly identifies or reasonably can be used to identify an individual Customer or User. Examples include name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, Social Security number, and financial account number. Personal Information does not include Published Listing Information as discussed in more detail below or information that is readily available to the public through no fault of StrongTel.
Anonymous Information - "Anonymous Information" means information that does not directly identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual Customer or User.
Aggregate Information - "Aggregate Information" means information about groups or categories of Customers or Users, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual Customer or User. Aggregate Information is a kind of Anonymous Information.
Website - "Website" means any page or location on the Internet, no matter what device (cell phone, lap top, PC, etc.) or protocol (http, WAP, ftp or other) is used to access the page or location. In this Policy, we use the term website other similar terms such as "Internet site," "site," and "web page."
2. Disclosure - We do not sell your Personal Information to anyone for any purpose, and we maintain information about you in our business records while you are a customer, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax, or legal purposes. We have implemented encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect Personal Information, such as those that exist for Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) when stored or transmitted by StrongTel. Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) is information that relates to the quantity, configuration, type, destination, location and amount of use of the telecommunications services you purchase from us, as well as the information contained in your bills for those services. We collect CPNI in the normal course of providing you with telecommunications services. Your telephone number, name and address are not CPNI. We share your Personal Information only with non-StrongTel companies that perform services on our behalf, and only as necessary for them to perform those services. We require those non-StrongTel companies to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with this policy, and we do not provide Personal Information to non-StrongTel companies for the marketing of their own products and services without your consent. We may provide Personal Information to non-StrongTel companies or other third parties for purposes such as emergencies, pursuant to court orders, identity verification to prevent fraud and identity theft, enforcing of property rights, or obtaining payment for products and services that appear on your StrongTel billing statements.
3. Privacy Controls - You can review and correct your Personal Information collected by us. You can limit certain types of solicitation communications from StrongTel, including marketing contacts made via telephone, e-mail and text messaging by notifying StrongTel. We will provide you with notice of changes to this policy. We are happy to correct information found to be inaccurate. Customers may verify that appropriate corrections have been made.
4. Exclusions - Information that you provide to non-StrongTel companies is not covered by this Policy. For example: When you download applications or make an online purchase from a non-StrongTel company while using StrongTel’s services, the information collected by the non-StrongTel company is not subject to this Policy. If you use public forums — such as social networking services, Internet bulletin boards, chat rooms, or blogs on StrongTel or non-StrongTel websites — you should be aware that any Personal Information you disclose publicly can be read, collected, or used by others. Once you choose to reveal Personal Information on such a site, the information is publicly available, and StrongTel cannot prevent distribution and use of that information by other parties. StrongTel may enter into written product or service agreements with business customers that contain specific provisions related to the confidentiality, security or other handling of information. When provisions of a written product or service agreement differ from or conflict with the provisions of this Policy, the terms of the written agreement will apply. In all other instances, the terms of this Policy apply.
5. Security - We have established electronic and administrative safeguards designed to secure the information we collect, to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of that information and to ensure it is used appropriately.m Although we strive to keep your Personal Information secure, no security measures are absolute, and we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will never be disclosed in a manner inconsistent with this Policy (for example, as the result of unauthorized acts by third parties that violate the law or this Policy). We will make reasonable attempts to notify you if we determine that StrongTel has experienced a security breach and there is a reasonably likely risk of identity theft, or where otherwise required by law.
6. Policies - We have established policies and practices to meet the expectations of Customers and potential customers who have expressed a desire to limit certain types of solicitation communications from StrongTel, including marketing contacts made via telephone, e-mail and text messaging. You also can request to be removed from these telemarketing lists when you receive a marketing or promotional call. Where required by state laws and/or regulations, we honor requests from businesses to be removed from our telemarketing lists. The FTC maintains a National Do Not Call Registry at donotcall.gov and your state may maintain its own Do Not Call Registry. Putting your number on these Registries also may limit our telemarketing calls to that number. Our practices as described above are designed to satisfy state and federal legal requirements limiting marketing contacts. You should know that those laws and regulations — such as the to contact their own current and, in some cases, former customers, even when those customers are listed on the federal and state "Do Not Call" lists. Similarly, restricting our use of your CPNI will not eliminate all types of StrongTel marketing contacts.
7. Online Advertising - StrongTel works hard to detect and prevent junk e-mails (also referred to as "spam" e-mails) from ever reaching your computer. However, if you are receiving unwanted spam from a StrongTel e-mail address, please contact us for assistance at accounting@StrongTel.com.
8. Account Set-Up - When selecting User names and passwords for StrongTel accounts, you should choose words or characters that are not obvious. Likewise, you should always keep Personal Information such as account numbers, Usernames, passwords or similar information in a secure place and not share the information with others.